Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Doing what's right, even if it's wrong

I wish I could be fearless. And although I really despise Taylor Swift at times for her giddy, heartfelt pre-teen tunes, I thoroughly enjoyed this song on my drive in to work this morning.

It's a song that makes me re-feel every emotion of falling in love. And love is truly is about diving "head first, fearless." I think I'm learning to be this way about relationships...just jumping in, taking chances and facing challenges as they come.

As much as I hate it and as much as it stresses me out sometimes, I love that feeling of not knowing what's going to happen next. I've always seen myself as more guarded...more of the "planner/organizer" type and not so much "go with the flow." But I've made a conscious effort to change that, and overall, I've been HAPPIER since making that decision. So, sometimes you have to block everyone else out to be selfish and confident, and do what you feel is right...even if it ends up being completely wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment