Monday, February 8, 2010

Just kidding with Kid Cudi


Thank God for great friends that pull you out of stupid funks.  Suddenly, I am feeling refreshed.  Got home from work, ate a delicious cheeseburger and sat down at my computer in hopes of finding the perfect song for the day.  I chose a playlist on my iTunes that I like to call "Dani's Lake Mix" and I cannot take credit for all the good content of the playlist.  I spent a significant amount of time at my BFF's lake house this past summer (yes, I just said BFF).  Now listen: this was my first time going to THE lake and I experienced a lot of firsts in my life.  Here are a few:

1.  First time swimming in a lake
2.  First time jumping off a dock
3.  First time jumping off a boat
4.  First time cliff jumping (painful...)
5.  First time tubing
6.  First time on a 4-wheeler

It was a pretty fabulous summer, I'm not gonna lie.  And the soundtrack of the summer gives me nothing more than GREAT memories with GREAT friends!   So, the one song that got me out of this funk today was Kid Cudi's "Made Her Say."  A wonderful collaboration of pop culture that stimulates the senses and makes you want to get up and dance...at a place with mirrored walls, fuchsia lighting and disco balls!  You know, the usual.

Anyway, other songs on this mix include (because I know you care): "Paper Planes" by MIA, "US Placers" by Lupe Fiasco, "I Love College" by Asher Roth, "This Town" by OAR and "Dirt Off Your Shoulders (Bittersweet Symphony)" by Jay-Z and the Verve.  BEAUTIFUL!  

But seriously, go watch this video from Kid Cudi if you haven't yet and prepare to be dazzled.


2 comments:

  1. don't forget your first time riding on the back of a truck! 'Is this safe?' hahaha

    what a fabulous summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God I have you around to remind me about my life. I feel like a 60-year-old...I wasn't even drunk when these things happened, so no reason to forget! Haha.

    ReplyDelete