Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Phoenix? Phoenix, Arizona? Ummm, no.

Anytime I hear the word "Phoenix," I automatically think Arizona. DUH! But no, I'm not talking about Arizona here. I'm talking about a wonderful band called Phoenix that has become my new obsession. I first discovered their song "1901" on the new 2010 Cadillac SRX commercial. It is a fun, slightly techno-undertone, good for driving in your car type of song. And if you know me, you know that I enjoy techno to some degree...for example, in high school, I went to a lot of mixers and the last song was typically "Sandstorm" by DaRude, and that was my cue to get my groove on! Haha. Sooooo, yeah. I'm cool.

After a couple of weeks of rocking out to "1901" and my boyfriend laughing at me for what I like to call "car dancing" I was listening to Pandora at work; the song "Litszomania" by Phoenix started to play. I instantly recognized the voice of the lead singer and the easy-going, free-flow of the song. And....dun, dun, dun....fell in love with yet another Phoenix song. I have no idea what this song is about...something about rhinos, maybe? I guess I could look up the lyrics and think about it, but to save us both some time, I'm not going to. I'm sure it's not literally about rhinos, but rather in some sort of wonderfully artsy figurative way. So, check it out and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment