Sunday, February 7, 2010

Still sipping Mai Tais

I love anything and everything NEW YORK!  My family is from Long Island and I dream of living there someday...maybe...for a few months.  Not sure if I'm cut out for NY living, but I'd like to try it.  This song is overplayed now, but I think it really captures the essence of the Big Apple. Being in NY is feeling free for me.  Thank you Jay-Z for feeding my "Empire State of Mind."

"Yeah I'm out at Brooklyn
Now I'm down in Tribeca
Right next to DeNiro
But I'll be hood forever
I'm the new Sinatra
And since I made it here
I can make it anywhere
Yeah they love me everywhere
I used to cop in Harlem
All of my Dominicanos 
Right there off of Broadway
Brought me back to that McDonalds
Took it to my stash spot
560 State Street
Catch me in the kitchen like Simmons whipping Pastry
Cruising down 8th street
Off-white Lexus
Driving so slow 
but BK, is from Texas
Me I'm out that BedStuy
Home of that boy Biggie
now I live on Billboard
and I brought my boys with me
Say what up to Ta-ta
Still sipping Mai Tais
Sitting courtside
Knicks and Nets give me high-5
N**ga, I be Spiked out
I could trip a referee
...tell by my attitude that I'm MOST DEFINITELY FROM...

New York!!!!
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
There's nothing you can’t do,
Now you're in New York!!!
These streets will make you feel brand new,
the lights will inspire you,
Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York."

No comments:

Post a Comment