Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spent and superficial

Yup, you. I'm talking to you. OPEN.YOUR.EYES! Listen...some people are not blind literally, but they are totally blind and oblivious to what other people need in life. I see this as a serious problem. When you don't see what I need out of you as a parent, friend, boyfriend, etc., it's just not going to work. Simple fact of life. Some people are completely unable to reach this level of understanding. They are void of any depth, and it often seems impossible to reach them. And I think that's the message Snow Patrol is trying to get across with their song "Open Your Eyes." I LOVE the way this song builds up to the climax, and that climax is almost fist pump-worthy...but in a more classy, non-Jersey Shore type of way.

Regardless, this song really makes me think of some of the internal stuggles I've had in relationships of all kind. It reminds me of relationships that haven't worked because some people consistently fail to open up to you. When everything is on the surface and you can't see what the other person needs, it becomes lifeless. And it takes a LOT out of those people emotionally. And that's how I feel today: a little emotionally spent. So, here is an amateur video that is not great by any means, but I still enjoy it because it get's the point across. And here are some lyrics for your reading pleasure.

"Get up, get out, get away from these liars
'Cause they don't get your soul or your fire
Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine
And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time...
I want so much to open your eyes
'Cause I need you to look into mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment